Go Back   AvrilStar Forums > Avril Forums > Anything But Ordinary > Avril News
Google

Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
~Johno~ Male
*Abracadabra*

Fasion and Acting

Fasion and Acting
By Tim Johnson

Avril Lavigne in this months Harper's Bazaar.

Is this the new Lavigne?

It seems so. Avril has undergone another new look, this time the model look. Appearing in Harper's Bazaar Magazine we get to see the new remixed Lavigne. Wearing a black crystal-embroidered Gucci dress with puffed cap sleeves and her blonde shampoo-commercial-ready hair, it looks like she's found another route of fame.

She's sold 23 million albums worldwide, received eight Grammy nominations and now feels after a year of touring that she should start some bigger plans "I was on tour for a year, and I started thinking about what I wanted to do next. I wanted to start doing fashion and acting." And so we have it, she has, with the all new look Lavigne.

The new Lavigne wants to walk the runway and do adverts for high-end products "I'm not 6 feet tall, but I know I can do that" She has already started her acting career it has been said, but she does however want to be "really careful" about what she does so she doesn't come off "chessy".

Also planning her wedding to fiance Deryck Whibley is one of the next things on her agenda "Everything has come super fast for me, a lot faster than for most people" she said "I don't have the average lifestyle. I just know in my heart I'm doing the right thing."
~Johno~ is offline    British Antarctic Territory
Old 02-03-2006, 06:02 AM   #2
ling Female

I prefer to her old look.
ling is offline    Hong Kong
Old 02-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
Nightwind Hawk Male
Dr. Geekster

WTF?
Nightwind Hawk is offline    United States
Old 02-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
freak01 Female
july fourteenth

She's not exactly Tyra Banks, but, okay.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
Lamer Than Lame Female
LOKI'D!

It's the evolution of the tomboy. I've gone through this myself...but not quite to the extent that she has/wishes to.

Yeah...

Lamer Than Lame is offline    Canada
Old 02-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #6
avril_x_punk Female

damn that aint rite....she should stay the same. shes my role model and i guess u could call me a wanna-be, ut its not just for me...alot of ppl like her the old way...why did she change is my question.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:10 AM   #7
~Johno~ Male
*Abracadabra*

She changed because shes 22 now, not 16. Its pretty obvious really, does your mom act like shes 16 still?

I dont have anything against role-models, but I in no way promote them. Taking them to the extreme is just... well sometimes you need to be your own role-model, if the younger Avril is yours then hey, just carry on as you are, questioning why she changed is completely up to her, I guess you just have to deal with it.

Personally I dont care about her change, I still listen to her music and thats what its about right?
~Johno~ is offline    British Antarctic Territory
Old 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #8
tommyboy Male

I thought she was beautiful as the old avril, However she is just as gorgeous now. the look has changed, but not the person. She still respects herself, and does what she wants. If modelling and acting is the way she wants to go, i wish her the best and look forward to seeing her on the big screen.
Like a rose blossoming in the sun, she gets more beautiful everyday.

Last edited by tommyboy : 02-04-2006 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
tommyboy is offline    Canada
Old 02-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #9
Lamer Than Lame Female
LOKI'D!

^ That last line cracked me up...erm, sorry. I guess I read it in a cheeseball sort of way in my head.

And what's up with the 'old Avril' stuff? She wasn't old, she was young. Yeah, yeah, I know you don't mean 'old' as in 'her age', but still--it's silly to expect her to remain that way for as long as she is in the limelight.

And she has a rather nice profile in that picture. Random observation on my part..

Lamer Than Lame is offline    Canada
Old 02-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #10
Mr.LD Male

It looks like our girl is growing..Good!!!!

My best wishes for you Avril!!!!

Mr.LD is offline    Costa Rica
Old 02-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #11
PunkyMalone

I kind of think it's horseshit that she could be a runway model just because she's famous while some other girl could be pretty much the prettiest girl ever but would have a hard time getting in to modeling because she's 5'2".

Meh, it's just modelling, I don't care that much. heh.
We'll still have our stories
Of battle scars, pirate ships and wounded hearts
Broken bones and all the best of friendships
Old 02-05-2006, 02:00 AM   #12
tommyboy Male

lamer than lame was right, once i re-read it... the last line did sound pretty cheesy. I'm just trying to point out that she is growing up and with that, there is going to be changes. Its ridiculous for people to think she will always be the skater girl/tomboy as she matures. She was good looking then she is good looking now, just a lot more mature with it.
tommyboy is offline    Canada
Old 02-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #13
Dryve Thru Romance Female
Be Like the Phoenix

i remember back in the day when avril said i'm never gonna act. i can't act. and boom now she's acting and modeling??....i don't know how i feel about this...
oh well it's her life. i still like her music, but i definitely don't go out of my way to read about her much anymore cause she's just changed so much and i don't know how i feel about it...when i read it, it makes me mad, even though i can see where she's coming from cause i used to be the biggest tomboy, and now i'm just kinda straying away from it. so i understand how she's changing in the sense from tomboy to not so tomboy...but i guess...it just sorta makes me mad to see her do it, althought that makes me a hypocrit (saying it's okay for me to do it, but not her) -- but i'm human so it's unavoidable
hmm...i guess i'll accept the new look and miss the old one *shrugs* sorry i'm done ranting now.

"I want to deal with the person inside that I don't like."
Dryve Thru Romance is offline    United States
Old 02-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #14
vintage_fame Female

WOW! dats a shocker. but i have no problem with it just hope people (in the fashion and acting world) would understand and accept her

vintage_fame is offline    Australia
Old 02-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #15
Avril_And_3van Female
♥Evril

Oh My God, What has she done to herself..
Avril_And_3van is offline    Canada